Please e-mail [email protected] if you have questions.
This October, the R Street Institute will host The Real Solutions Summit in Washington, D.C. At a time when the nation is increasingly polarized, R Street is focused on fostering connections, hosting deep conversations and collaborating for policy impact.
The Real Solutions Summit will feature in-depth discussions, networking opportunities, keynotes and panels that address critical public policy challenges – from the future of U.S. democracy and elections, to prioritizing public safety while fostering law enforcement-community relationships, to adapting to the rapidly-evolving world of artificial intelligence.
Please see the agenda below for the most up to date list of speakers and speaking times as we continue to add more to the Summit.
12pm – Check-in and Lunch
12:30pm – Welcome Remarks, “3 Keys for Restoring Political Trust”
- Erica Schoder, Executive Director, R Street Institute (Bio.)
Panel 1 – One Ring to Rule Them All: How centralized power is corrupting our institutions, undermining elections, and increasing polarization
- Jonathan Bydlak, Governance Policy Director, R Street Institute (Bio.)
- More speakers to be announced
Panel 2 – Taking Reform Seriously: Policing, policy and preventing violent crime
- [Moderator] Diane Goldstein, Executive Director, Law Enforcement Action Partnership (LEAP) (Bio.)
- Jillian Snider, Criminal Justice and Civil Liberties Policy Director, R Street Institute (Bio.)
- Tracie Keesee, President and Chief Operating Officer, Center for Policing Equity (Bio.)
- Ja’Ron K. Smith, Former Deputy Assistant to the President for the White House Domestic Policy Council and the Office of American Innovation (2019-2020) (Bio.)
Fireside Chat – Future of Philanthropy
- Eli Lehrer, President, R Street Institute (Bio.)
- Brian Hooks, Chairman and CEO, Stand Together, Co-author, Believe in People: Bottom-Up Solutions for a Top-Down World (Bio.)
Panel 3: The Case for Optimism in the Age of AI
- Adam Thierer, Resident Senior Fellow, Technology and Innovation, R Street Institute (Bio.)
- James Pethkoukis, Senior Fellow and DeWitt Wallace Chair, American Enterprise Institute, Author, The Conservative Futurist: How to Create the Sci-Fi World We Were Promised (Bio.)
- Virginia Postrel, Columnist and Author, The Fabric of Civilization: How Textiles Made the World (Bio.)
- Sabrina Schaeffer, Vice President of Public Affairs, R Street Institute (Bio.)
Rooftop reception: Planet Word Museum